They started the program in September 2014. After eleven months, during which they met once a month from Thursday to Sunday, they turned to writing their final papers. They submitted those papers in December 2015 and officially joined the EMBA alumni family in February 2016. They will take part in both McGill’s and HEC Montréal’s convocations in June.
They are experienced leaders in their organizations, and they have very busy lives and large management responsibilities. Nevertheless, they had the humility and the courage to return to school; they were open to learn from others and they were generous in sharing their own experiences and insights.
Interesting facts about the 2016 graduates
- 72% are parents and one participant even gave birth between two modules.
- At the beginning of the program, they were, on average, 41 years old, and had 14 years of work experience and 10 years of management experience.
- They work in 20 different industries.
- In addition to English and French, 10 languages were spoken in the classroom.
- They delivered a cheque for $ 1,145 to the Montreal Community Loan Association (ACEM).
- Through their participation, the module “Sustainability Challenge” was awarded the level 4 classification (standard BNQ 9700-253) for Responsible Event Planning by the Conseil québécois des événements écoresponsables (CQEER).
- Pierre Rajotte (MBA 2016) is appointed Executive Director at Sionic Advisors Inc
- Chantal Robitaille (EMBA 2016) is appointed Director, Administration at Blakes offices in Montreal and Ottawa
- Steve Rousseau is promoted to Vice President, Infrastructure Projects at Consultants Canarail
- Roger-Ketcha Ngassam is appointed as Vice President, Technical Operations at Sandoz Canada
- An important promotion for Hugo Delorme, a current EMBA participant
- Josée Duplessis (EMBA 2016) is appointed Chief of Staff, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development
- Guillaume Lavoie, current EMBA participant, appointed partner at Lavery
- Steven Chamberland a été nommé directeur des affaires académiques et de la vie étudiante de Polytechnique Montréal
- Nicolas Fortin becomes CEO of Neopharm Labs Inc.
- Laurent Blanchard is appointed President, National Bank Direct Brokerage
- Édouard Biot a été nommé au poste de Vice-président exécutif du Groupe Nordik
- Rodrigo Carvajal is appointed to Director of Sales, Eastern Canada at Panalpina
- Jean-Philippe Gagnon joins his classmate, Rémi Fournier, at Fibrenoire
- Olivier Rossman joins his classmate, Helmut Herold, at Senvion Canada Inc.
- Marie-Pier Germain is named General Manager at Alt Hotel Montréal
- Alexandre Jeong becomes Director, Digital and Integration Solutions Architecture, National Bank of Canada
- Nadine Proulx is promoted Senior Manager, Human Resources – IT, Marketing and Corporate Development, National Bank of Canada
- Louise Richer is appointed to the Order of Canada
- Guillaume Lavoie winner of the 2015 RISING STAR AWARD
- Manon Jeannotte is elected Chief of the Gespeg band Council
- Hugo Delorme won the Prix Relève d’Excellence
- Louise Richer receives the Germaine-Gibara Leadership award
- A distinction for Alt Hotel Montreal and Marie Pier Germain
- Fibrenoire and Remi Fournier topped the 2014 L’actualité Top 20 Growth Leaders Entrepreneurs