Executives, senior and mid-level managers, professionals and entrepreneurs are encouraged to apply to the McGill – HEC Montréal EMBA program.The program is designed for experienced managers with high achievement objectives and strong indications of leadership potential.Each applicant’s qualifications will be assessed by the admissions committee. Admission criteria include:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Curiosity and ability to reflect
- An undergraduate degree* with a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent if based on a different scale – approximately a “B” average).
- Official GMAT results sent directly to McGill – HEC Montréal EMBA Admissions. HEC Montréal Institutional code is 0BB-12-60.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience, including five years in management positions.
- Candidates must be able to speak and write in either English or French and must understand and be able to read the other language. Language test(s) may be required. Applicants will be informed directly, if this is the case. (See the Program Overview for further details on the bilingual format.)
- As part of the application package, candidates are required to answer questions concerning their motivation to pursue an EMBA degree, their potential contribution to the class, their strengths and weaknesses, managerial experience and leadership skills.
- Two letters of reference are also required.
- All qualified candidates will be invited to an interview with members of the McGill – HEC Montréal admissions team.
* Candidates without undergraduate degrees, but with substantial managerial experience are encouraged to apply, as exceptional candidates may be admitted to the program.