- Why is sustainability important?
- How can sustainability enhance competitive advantage?
- What concrete steps can you take as a manager to improve – in strategic ways – your organization’s social and environmental performance?
Participants will develop a solid understanding of the concept of sustainable development and the challenge it poses as a societal imperative and organizational goal; become more knowledgeable on key sustainability issues relevant to their organizations; and learn how to engage with the sustainability challenge as an opportunity for enhancing competitive advantage.
- The state of the planet and its peoples, and why it matters to managers
- The environmental, social and economic pillars of sustainability
- Envisioning and critical thinking
- Environmental and social investments that yield competitive advantage
- Enhancing shared value creation
- Avoiding value destruction
- Strategic corporate social responsibility
- Engaging and collaborating with stakeholders
- Social innovation & entrepreneurship
- Measuring social and environmental performance